A small problem ?

Jeff Franson jefpiano@hpdc.com
Sun, 16 Feb 1997 14:46:07 -0700

I am having a problem regulating an Baldwin studio upright's dampers this
piano is about 8 to 10 years old and has had good care and and is played
regularly. Just one damper is driving me crazy. (bi-chord) After regulating
the spoon with action out of the piano, all other dampers look and work the
same.  I have noticed the felt pads on each of the dampers sustain bar are
worn a little bit. and I tried to shim the problem damper to compensate.
Which helped, now to dampen the problem, I must compromise adjustment of
the pedal which will now just barely raise all dampers. I am afraid my
customer will try to put her foot through the floor (or other places
unknown). The bass dampers (including problem damper) with bass pedal works
just fine.