Drop Action Removal

Warren Fisher fish@communique.net
Sun, 16 Feb 1997 15:23:33 -0800

jpiesik@arinc.com wrote:

>      Dear List,
>
>      What is the most efficient method to remove drop actions?
>
>      "Spinets are pianos, too!"

John,

Another stitch in this thread.  Remember I said that my only complaint
with the threaded rods was the time required to screw them together, the
thought required to figure out which one goes where, and the hazard of
losing one of the rods (which I did)which blows the whole system.
Remember that I wished you could get something like the tent poles with
the shock cord inside?

Well guess what?  Wal-Mart has a set of fibreglass replacement tent
poles that are just a hair thicker than the metal rods, weigh 1/3rd as
much, costs $6.00, and the poles are each 25 5/8ths inches long!
(Remember I said that spinets are about 50 3/8ths from left to right
bracket) You can either have two 25's, three 16 3/4ths or four 12 1/2s
by cutting the poles with a hack saw!  The set comes with shock cord and
a wire to thread it through the poles.

Enjoy!

Warren
--