Verdigris

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 03:09:38 -0600

List -
	In regards to "wood grain alcohol" mentioned by a fellow technician
from South Dakota,  may I respectfully presume that he, in referring
to Burbon for treatment of verdigris, and calling it wood grain
alcohol, was indeed payng homage to the revered Southern tradition of
aging such Whiskey "in wood", as I believe the expression goes in the
South.
	As to the sentiments of using such an elixer on piano actions and
the worry of "salts and sugars" as a residue causing complicating
effects, may I suggest that any "solution" intended for relieving
tight bushings be given the paper test.  That is, a few drops be
deposited on a piece of white paper, (such as the back of a business
card) and allowed to dry.  If there is a discoloration as in oil, or
other residue upon drying, prudence would dictate the use (or non
use) of that treatment.

Richard Moody  Bijou Hills (area) Brule Co. SD