Stuff

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Tue, 18 Feb 1997 09:39:52 -0600

I have been watching, with interest, the several threads of late.

Speed Tuning
        Steve Fairchild started this several years ago, to find out how fast
could fast be.
        He was able to reach a point where he could yank up a piano 100 cents
in about five minutes.  5 that is, minutes.
        He did a lot of weight training as well as practicing ways and means.
        Stripped middle and bass sections.
        Tuned without mutes in treble then tuned unisons in bass and middle.
        He tuned one piano three times in 30 minutes.  Thirty that is.
        I have the original tape recording, somewhere.

Agraffees
        Pianotech now has the proper reaming tool for agraffes.  I would not
bother to do anything but slightly ream old ones or if needed, replace the
entire set.  Why ask for more trouble than needful.

Newton
nhunt@jagat.com