wit

Dennis Johnson johnsond@stolaf.edu
Tue, 18 Feb 1997 09:34:28 -0600 (CST)

=09
Hi all,

Perhaps when you have been on the list long enough you become less afraid=
=20
of being =D2flamed=D3, but I want to respectfully remind everyone that it i=
s=20
possible to overdo the well-intentioned,  sometimes even entertaining=20
posts on sentimental wisdom about life. An occasional comment or=20
signiture line is one thing, but entire posts to this technical line with=
=20
no other technical content may very quickly have an effect quite opposite=
=20
to what was intended. =20

It is safe to presume that there are plenty who would take either side in=
=20
defense or opposition to my statement, but it is not my intent to start=20
another non-technical discussion. I only suggest that you toss your=20
pearls with appropriate taste and significance, rather than to saturate us=
=20
with sentimentality.

Thanks,

Dennis Johnson