Who We Are

Walter Sikora wsikora@email.unc.edu
Tue, 18 Feb 1997 08:31:03 -0500 (EST)

Lists,

Here is a passage my wife found that I'd like to share:

"I have found piano tuners to be sensitive to the soul.  They, too, have
been honest, sensitive people who show their love of the instruments they
work on and establish a relationship to each particular one.  This close
relatedness and attention to the individual object are signs of soul, and
there is nothing as enchanting as listening to a delicate tuning taking
place, hearing the mysterious clear harmonics as metal strings gradually
come back into sharp resonance. . ."

(Thomas Moore, author of the best seller 'Care of the Soul' in 'The
Re-Enchantment of Everyday Life' c 1996, page 187)

Walter Sikora, RPT
Chapel Hill, NC