Fallboard Locks

Don Rose drose@dlcwest.com
Tue, 18 Feb 1997 16:50:02 -0600

Hi John et al:

At 11:24 AM 2/18/97 -0500, you wrote:
>     List,
>
>     What's a good piano lock for institutional pianos?
>     Is the Jaras fallboard lock any good?
>
>     Many thanks once again!!
>
>     John Piesik, RPT

I have found the best lock for me is a "grow your own". I use canvas webbing
and place a rolled up "lump" into the fall board top and the pin block. This
fastens under the key bed. I have also sometimes extended the webbing back
around and over the lid. This keeps people "out" unless they have a knife.
It also means "in an emergency" (read lost the key or combination) access
can be had.

Regards,
"Tuner for the Centre of the Arts"
drose@dlcwest.com