Rain

Vanderhoofven dkvander@clandjop.com
Thu, 20 Feb 1997 06:24:52 -0600

Dear Friends,

I have a dilemma.  I have been working on the action and keys of an upright
piano, and today is the day to install the action and keys and to regulate
at the piano.  Unfortunately, it has been raining all morning since early,
sometimes pouring down, sometimes just drizzling.  I can reschedule, but
would prefer not to, as this appointment was set two weeks previously.  What
would be the best way to transport the action and keys to the customers
house without damaging them with the rain?  I will probably use a sheet of
clear plastic to cover the action, but thought that there might be a better
solution.
I do have a large plastic storage container with lid (under-the-bed type)
that will do fine to protect the keys.

Thanks!

Sincerely,
David

David A. Vanderhoofven       Associate Member, PTG
Joplin, Missouri, USA        e-mail:  dkvander@clandjop.com

web page:  http://www.clandjop.com/~dkvander/
#pianotech page:  http://www.clandjop.com/~dkvander/ircpiano.html
Feb. 15 piano seminar: http://www.clandjop.com/~dkvander/seminar.html