how protek felt;

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 05:46:53 -0500 (EST)

 Greetings;

I wrote;
<<The "notch" was caused not by the agraffe, but by the
corrosion,(I suppose) on the felt.  It took six drops per trichord, but the
piano had never tuned so easily before.  >>

and Jim Bryant replied;

>>Ed did you not put any on the agraffes? on the bearing bar?
>>I have a KAWAI on, as Barrie says, my rounds that is a bear to tune, but I
>>have never tried putting it on the plate felt.

Yes,  I had at first tried a drop right at the agraffe.  It did nothing.  but
when I ran a little bead down the topstring, right where it laid on the felt
pad,  it changed everything instantly.  I had never done this before either,
but the results were dramatic,   and this weekend I get to try it on another
real bear of a notchy Steinway.  ( it is kept in the middle of a Botanical
Garden sort of facility). This was not a problem in the Capo area,  just the
agraffe section.

Regards,
Ed Foote
Precision Piano Works