Tuning to an organ

Ryan, Philip pjames@gzinc.com
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 21:02:34 -0500

------------F296D6410740

John,

What stop did you use to sound the A(440)?   It is my understanding that
on the Allen organ the only stop tuned dead on A440 is the 8' Principal
on the great manual.  Others are detuned on purpose to simulate a pipe
organ which is always out of tune.  This is the stop I use for tuning a
violin, flute or other instrument that I am going to accompany on the
organ.

I understand that there is one screw you turn to tune the entire organ
to A440.  I've been looking for this screw on pianos for years.

Phil Ryan
Associate Member, PTG

------------F296D6410740

<HTML><BODY>

<DT>John,</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>What stop did you use to sound the A(440)?&nbsp;&nbsp; It is my understanding
that on the Allen organ the only stop tuned dead on A440 is the 8' Principal
on the great manual.&nbsp; Others are detuned on purpose to simulate a
pipe organ which is always out of tune.&nbsp; This is the stop I use for
tuning a violin, flute or other instrument that I am going to accompany
on the organ.</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>I understand that there is one screw you turn to tune the entire organ
to A440.&nbsp; I've been looking for this screw on pianos for years.</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>Phil Ryan</DT>

<DT>Associate Member, PTG</DT>

</BODY>