hammer billings flange

Fri, 21 Feb 1997 17:38:00 -0800

Eliot,

I don't know for sure about the Stieff, but most of the Pease pianos I saw
years ago did have Billings flanges.

There were several posts on this subject recently.  You might want to
search the list digests.  Several folks had good advice.

Good luck, with instruments that old, you might want to go in ready for
heavy going.

Best.

Horace

At 06:08 PM 2/21/97 -0700, you wrote:
>List,
>
>        I am working on a 1890 Pease Upright and a 1910 Stieff Upright.
>
>        They both have what looks like a Billings flange on the hammers.
>
>        My question is how can I align them?  On normal would flanges it
>can be adjusted with gummed paper.  I am not knowing what to do.
>
>        Any help?  Thanks, Eliot

Horace Greeley

"Duct tape is like the Force.  It has a light side, a dark side,
	and it holds the Universe together...:

			-	Carl Zwanzig
Stanford University
email: hgreeley@leland.stanford.edu