Tuning to an organ

JElving@aol.com JElving@aol.com
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 22:29:07 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 97-02-21 21:35:41 EST, Horace wrote:

<<
 As to the screw with which to tune a piano.  Mason & Hamlin used to make
 several models that had bunches of them...one for each string. >>

I always thought those pianos were screwed up!!!

<<
What stop did you use to sound the A(440)?   It is my understanding that
on the Allen organ the only stop tuned dead on A440 is the 8' Principal
on the great manual. >>

That was one of the two that agreed. Unfortunately it wasn't *dead on A440*.

<<
Further, the entire organ (at that time) was capable of being
raised/lowered, as that 8' Principal was changed.  >>

But only with a fork lift!

Horace -

The dealer is now in Oakland, and it is John Nelson. (By the way, Allen has
changed over the last 2-3 years.

John Elving, RPT
Sacramento, CA