Tech hints

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 23:17:10 +0000

A few more tips on maps.

My road maps, I sectioned them off, cut them up and thermoformed them.
This has the advantage that you are only handling a 12 by 6 inch map and
with the thermoform on you can use a marker to hilight where you are
going.  Makes life a lot easier.  If you haven't got a friend who has a
thermoform machine,  if you wrap cling film round tape one end and use a
hair dryer to shink your cling film, if you use cling film you'll have
to back your map with carboard.

For your A to Z street maps: if you are like me and you can never
remember the customer until you walk in to the house and it all comes
back, I put a reference in my data base for arguments sake "shp11-g4"
that is Shurmas map, page 11, sec G4 saves you looking up the alphabet

This one may only be applicable to the U.K. but you get a long street
four miles long,  with the houses set way back and you need a telescope
to read the house numbers.  Get the customer to read the street lighting
number, all the lamp posts in the U.K. are numbered.  I don't know if
they are in other Countries but I find that one quite useful.

Kind regards,

Barrie.

--

Barrie Heaton                                  |  Be Environmentally Friendly
The UK PIano Page                              |