Tuning to an organ

Michel Lachance chance@InterLinx.qc.ca
Sat, 22 Feb 1997 10:01:49 +0000

Just this week I had to tune a piano so that it could be played along
with an electronic organ just next to it.  Surprisingly enough, the
piano had held itself quite in tune even though it was located in a
basement and not being tuned for a couple of years (we meet once in a
while one these miracle instruments).  I checked then the tuning of
the organ, just for the heck of it.  It was bit sharp, even though the
tuning of the display was indicating 440.0.  I had to lower it down to
439.93 in order to have it dead on pitch. The calibration of the SAT
was not faulty.  Is there a master tuning for the master tuning on
these organs?  I believe it was a Technics.

Michel Lachance, RPT