Maps

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Sat, 22 Feb 1997 17:07:26 +0000

Hi Don,

Yes I have a small comment box as well for directions in my data bases.
Just out of curiosity is there any restriction in the information on the
type of information you are allowed to keep on your customers in the
U.K. we have the data protection act which depending on how you have
filled in your licence restricts you on the type of data you can hold.

Hi Conrad,

I use aoto route when I want to find those strange little villages that
nobody has heard of, you just type in your post codes and it plts the
route for you it is very acurate.  However, it is not much cop for doing
routes round towns as yet aoto route does not have an A to Z index of
side streets.

I use auto route when I want to find those strange little villages that
nobody has heard of, you just type in your post codes and it plots the
route for you it is very accurate.  However, it is not much cop for
doing routes round towns as yet auto route does not have an A to Z index
of side streets.

To all,

Animal glue for hammer shanks in a workshop environment:

Advantages:

1. Cheap.
2. Long shelf life.
3. is a good gap filler.
4. application of heat allows for modification of joint.
5. setting up time can be contgroled by heat amount of
viscosity.
6. Glue joints can be easily dissolved using mentholated sprits.

Disadvantages.

1. Has a strong odour when in use.
2. initial setting up time is time comsumeing.
3. is effected by mould.
4. has been known to carry diseases such as anthrax.

Alternatives.

PVA. (Poly Vinyl Acetate)  Resin W

Advantages.

1. Has reasonable gap filling properties.
2. Joints can be modified with use of heat.
3. Has a 12 month shelf life.
4. Quick set up time can be achieved with the cross link version.
5. Can be coloured to suit the job.
6. Easily used in a none workshop environment.
7. Water is the solvent when the product is at its viscosity stage.

Disadvantages.

1. Is subject to shrinkage.
2. If joints are modified with excessive heat glue joint will be
weakened.

I personally prefer to use animal glue in the workshop if I am doing a
set of hammers but for individuals I prefer PVA and when I am out on
the road I use P.V.A.

Kind regards,

Barrie.

In article <2.2.32.19970222082850.006b3ae4@dlcwest.com>, Don Rose
<drose@dlcwest.com> writes

--

Barrie Heaton                                  |  Be Environmentally Friendly
The UK PIano Page                              |