Hide glue

DLLegg@aol.com DLLegg@aol.com
Sun, 23 Feb 1997 07:35:55 -0500 (EST)

Hi John and list,
LePage's was manufactured in Gloucester, MA.  I believe they have now been
out of business for about a year.  Out of curiosity, I'll check on that when
I'm there on vacation this summer.  I have found that good quality, fresh
hide glue has very little odor.  Personnally, I don't find that very little
odor at all offensive.  Try this- After it cools a little, cover the jar
tightly and store in your refridgerator.  Remove it the night before you need
it again to allow it to come to room temperature and it will heat up faster.
 This seems to prolong the quality over a longer period of time (avoids that
nasty growth of mold in humid climates).
Debbie Legg, FL