Maps

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Sun, 23 Feb 1997 17:29:42 +0000

Hi,

Is This not a bit disk hungry way to do it?
>I've been experimenting with scanning maps into the computer, which I can
>also link and print out with a client's records if needed. The scanned maps
>go in with the directions database.

Sound v.much like what we have over here.

>I've only recently encountered the Data Protection Act on the Change-Ringers
>mailing list with regards to the keeping of bell ringing records. From what
>I understand, in order to keep any of the information we as piano
>technicians need to record about our customers we have to have a special
>license and practice certain security measures to ensure the safety of that
>data. Is that correct?

I should have pointed out this was a long time ago and I think modern
Animal glue is screened for bugs
>>4. has been known to carry diseases such as anthrax.
>
>Yikes! Has it? That's rather worrysome. I'd never considered it to be a
>source of serious contamination like that, but I suppose you're right. At
>the temperatures we're using it, coupled with the high humidity in the pot,
>it's probably a breeding ground for all sorts of delightful things!
>
>>Alternatives.

Yes, it is white and when it  dries it is semi transparent and it can be
watered down to make it more viscose.
>>PVA. (Poly Vinyl Acetate)  Resin W
>
>I'm never quite sure when the English versions of some things are anything
>like what we see here. Would that be something like ordinary white glue? B-})
>
>>I personally prefer to use animal glue in the workshop if I am doing a
>>set of hammers but for individuals I prefer PVA and when I am out on
>>the road I use P.V.A.

ARRRR another translation mix up I associate titebond with contact
adhesive and a powdered form of apoxy resin you add water to.
>I carry Titebond Liquid Hide glue on the road when there's no danger of

Barrie,

--

Barrie Heaton                                  |  Be Environmentally Friendly
The UK PIano Page                              |