Insulting personal attacks (was Re: Research)

ROLLAND MILLER 70642.3604@CompuServe.COM
Sun, 23 Feb 1997 16:11:40 -0500 (EST)

Hello list,

I have been sunning myself in the Caribbean this past week and  was not in at
the beginning of this thread.  However, may I add my amen to Warren's and Greg's
comments and add some comments of my own.

We have had the opportunity this past year in the PTG to see the fruits of
anger.  Perhaps a good rule of thumb concerning the need to complain is: "If it
isn't a 911 situation it is probably trivial."   We all have the right to our
own opinions and we need the opportunity to hear the opinions of others so that
we can grow.  At the same time we need to express our opinions in a form that
doesn't become an expression of anger directed at another person or group.  We
can't "walk a mile" in someone elses shoes nor can we read their minds.  When
dealing with others I find it is wise to give the other person/group the benefit
of the doubt.  When I follow this "rule" I find myself less apt to suffer foot
in mouth problems.

For the person who sent the post that initiated this controversy;    I'm not
sure what you said that sparked these postings but I'm sure you have plenty of
company including mine.  We ALL have the right to an occasional bummer and we
ALL occasionally have the need for that right.  Hang right in there and continue
to give all of us your best. (not just as in the "best spirit of the male of the
species")

Rolland Miller, RPT
Miller Piano Service
Berea, OH