Hammer felts separating from core

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Sun, 23 Feb 1997 15:35:55 -0600 (CST)

>...I have a
>suggestion to make. In some way CLEARLY MARK those parts which you
>have reglued or otherwise repaired. Also identify them on your re-
>ceipt....
>
>Les Smith
>lessmith@buffnet.net

I'm so glad you capitalized "clearly mark."  No one will ever have trouble
identifying the hammer felts I have reglued.  For the few situations that
have occurred, I leave the thread I wrapped around the hammer head felt
along with the glue I used to make certain it doesn't come undone.  I even
glue the thread to the hammer felt.

Yes sirree, no trouble at all spotting this repair, I promise.  Certain,
extreme, piano repair situations with little to no budget available call
for inventive, reliable, lasting cures.  In a way it is an art form,
avant-guarde that is.

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician