Teardrop Knuckle Question

Mon, 24 Feb 1997 16:51:17 -0800

Avery,
At 06:39 PM 2/24/97 -0600, you wrote:
>List,
>
>   I took on one of those jobs today that I will probably wish I hadn't,

Stand in line.  Take a number.

>Now, one minor question. Is there an "official" reference point to
>regulate the jack position (front to back) under the knuckle with
>"tear-drop" type knuckles? Or would the best way be to just regulate >it
forward until it escapes under pressure (holding the hammer down >while
pressing on the key)then moving it back slightly?

>From what you describe, I respectfully suggest that you adopt the "make it
comfortable" approach to regulation; e.g., make it work as best it can, and
leave it alone.  Your method should do the trick with a minimum amount of
bother.  Take the check straight to the bank.

>   For once, just a simple question :-)

(There aren't any, really.)

re: your P.S. - I've used Bill Spurlock's method for doing leather bushings
for some time, and like it a good deal.  Very consistent results.  Were
they not published in the Journal some time back.

Best.

Horace

Horace Greeley

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
	and I'm not sure about the former."

		-	Albert Einstein

Stanford University
email: hgreeley@leland.stanford.edu