Teardrop Knuckle Question

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 18:16:16 -0600

   Now, one minor question. Is there an "official" reference point to
>regulate the jack position (front to back) under the knuckle with
>"tear-drop" type knuckles? Or would the best way be to just regulate it
>forward until it escapes under pressure (holding the hammer down while
>pressing on the key)
>then moving it back slightly?
>   For once, just a simple question :-) that anyone with experience on this
>type of knuckle can answer.
>   Thanks.
>
>Avery

Avery,
	My experiences with teardrop-types has always been that they can"cheat"
more easily with a quick, hard blow. I've had to re-regulate back(more
under) more than once, before I learned my lesson. I also use lots of
powdered teflon, and give the rep lever a little more height so the jack
can go back under. The "wink" test isn't as effective due to odd geometry
in the "drop zone". Hope this can save you a re-reg.
	Guy Nichols,RPT, chapter 799
	nicho@lascruces.com