Unsubbing

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 08:55:22 -0500 (EST)

Greetings all,

to quote Avery.
"DAMN IT, WHY CAN'T PEOPLE JUST USE THE DELETE KEY, INSTEAD OF
BITCHING, IF
THEY DON'T LIKE SOMETHING BEING POSTED?"

      Yesterday,  I stopped my 10 year old son from cutting off half of the
remaining cake, and told him that we needed to cut it four ways, as there
were four of us in this family.  His response was, "well, then,  if I can't
have a big piece, I don't want any at all".
    His piece is still sitting on the counter,  and this list is still here.
 If a person will only accept perfection,  then he will gradually come to
accept nothing at all, as there really isn't any perfection to be had.
     So,  I am asking Jim, Horace and Bill, to accept some compromise in the
decorum, accept that there will always be others that reject some aspects of
our lives,  and to find other ways of protesting than withdrawing from the
community here.

Regards,
Ed Foote