PIN DOPE!

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 13:41:33 -0600 (CST)

>...Although there are a number of tradi-
>tional-type solutions available, both slow and fast acting, the one
>that appeared to be a almost universally endorsed was Garfield's Pin-
>Block Restorer...
>
>Les Smith
>lessmith@buffnet.net

There is a more progressive method on the horizon for pin tightening of
which I have heard excellent reports.

Thin CA glue, about 4 oz worth, as I have been informed will do the job
quite nicely, wait time is only 2-4 hours, and the pins have a great feel
during tuning.  I have yet to do my first piano, but two candidates are in
the wing.  If it's everything I've been told, tuning pin solutions will be
history in my world for this type of job.

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731