Tuning Baldwin L

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Wed, 26 Feb 1997 21:04:02 -0600 (CST)

>Gentlemen,
>I tune several Baldwin grands - model L  and they all have a tick/click at
>every
>agraff as you begin to move the tuning pin. This tick/click sometimes can b=
>heard and sometimes can only be felt.
>
>The string goes quite sharp as you flex the pin and hear the tick ( usually
>this brings the string up to almost the correct pitch)
>
>After the initial flexing of the pin and the tick or click as the string
>breaks free at the agraff, the pin tunes normally...
>
>Thanks
>Bill Carmichael  RPT
>Memphis,Tn

I take care of one older Baldwin D that only receives tunings every so
often and have experienced the same phenomina (tick/click thing).  It is
disconcerting to say the least.

Well, because of another post earlier this month, I applied Protek to that
area Joel Rappaport mentioned today, "...the stringing felt between agraffe
and tuning pin..."

It made a big difference!

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net