hammer billings flange

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iAmerica.net
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 09:52:43 -0800

Eliot and list;
As far as travel paper goes, I use brown shipping tape that must be wet
to adhere.  I cut it in 1/16" stips about a foot long.  I hang an end in
my mouth (mine's wet) and apply to the flange, press the flange against
rail or tighten it, tear the paper, stick back in you mouth ready for the
next one.  I find it's less hand movement and you always know where the
travel paper is.

Lance Lafargue, RPT
New Orleans Chapter
lafargue@iamerica.net

> Eliot Lee wrote:
> >
> > List,
> >
> >         I am working on a 1890 Pease Upright and a 1910 Stieff Upright.
> >
> >         They both have what looks like a Billings flange on the hammers.
> >
> >         My question is how can I align them?  On normal would flanges it
> > can be adjusted with gummed paper.  I am not knowing what to do.
> >
> >         Any help?  Thanks, Eliot
> Warren Fisher wrote>
Eliot,