baldwin phone # -Reply

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iAmerica.net
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 09:42:06 -0800

One more reply to your survey-
Nothing against Baldwin, or Renner, or Issac, or David, or ..... , But
I'd use the Renner parts with Encore hammers from Brooks, LTD.(made by
Abel)  I've hung them several times (on Baldwin L's) and needed almost no
voicing. The tone was much rounder and beautiful.  You will find that all
of these (Renner, etc.) hammers are close in price. I have not hung the
Issac hammers.  One thing we all agree on- there are better hammers for
these pianos than the original. My experience with Renner and Brooks was
very good- always right on..  Good luck w/it.

Lance Lafargue, RPT
New Orleans Chapter
lafargue@iamerica.net