CA glue

Wallace F. Wilson (WV) UniversityofCharleston
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 18:46:14 -0500 (EST)

>Drive the pin in, or turn it? Use the same pin?

Drive it in to the same depth it was when you removed the string.  I use
same pin.  Put string in as before, & tighten by turning.  Hopefully, you
just backed it out 1/2- 1 full turn and popped the becket out when removing:
just reverse the process.

Let us know what you try & how it worked.

BTW - be sure you put the pin in with the round end in (becket hole out).
Why do I say that?  One piano had about 12 of the suckers to do this way, I
was hungry, was going fast, and ... the rest is history.  <g>
Wally Wilson