PIANOTECH digest 824

Lkunsky257@aol.com Lkunsky257@aol.com
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 22:57:55 -0500 (EST)

<<Very interesting, Mike. I'm just curious now...are you using thin, medium
or
thick ca? And, are you using the accelerant. About how much glue does it
take? I heard from one source about 4oz. Thanks- Sam Grossner, Chicago>>

Hi, Sam - How do you like this weather?

I've used CA glue to tighten up individual pins and it's worked very well.  I
would not use the accelerant, because it feels kind of oily and I'm not
exactly sure what's in it.  This is a technique I learned from Bill Spurlock
and he suggested using plain water as an accelerant.  I remove the pin from
the hole, squirt in a little CA glue (thin viscosity) spread it around in
there with a hammer shank ( being careful NOT to glue the hammer shank in the
hole.....) , use a hammer shank to spread the water in  the hole.  Wait  a
minute and return the pin to the hole.  Works great!

Laura Kunsky (also, Chicago area)