Sanding

Dennis Johnson johnsond@stolaf.edu
Fri, 28 Feb 1997 13:28:50 -0600 (CST)

I need to quickly put in a plug for the finest detail sander made. I=20
sprang for Fein model from Germany which is a perfectly balanced,=20
extremely well made tool that comes in its own case. The cost is about=20
$200.00 plus the special sanding pads, but you would still appreciate=20
it long after you forget the price. I can not remember the oscillation spee=
d,=20
but it is about twice that of lesser models.  I will confess however, that=
=20
I have used mine more on other woodworking projects than on piano rebuilds,=
=20
and I currently have no dependents other than one large dog.

Dennis Johnson
St. Olaf College

=09=09=09=09=D2Better well hung than ill-wed.=D3

=09=09=09=09=09=09-Shakespeare
=09=09=09=09=09