ramblin'

Jim pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Fri, 20 Jun 1997 23:02:48 -0700 (MST)

Dr. Ralph:

Please rest assured I am going on 72. That's good advice to Richard.
The 4ths and 5ths do not change much, once you have decided on what
octave width you can live with. The inharmonicity curve of many pianos
causes the 4ths and 5ths to not increase as the theory usually predicts,
at least in the temperament octave. Many systems have been used to fill
out the rest of the scale. My older brother who taught me could tune by
4ths and 5ths with no reference to the 3rds and 6ths and come out very
close every time. Now, that is real skill. I never was that good.

Jim Coleman, Sr.