cleaning -Reply

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Sun, 22 Jun 1997 23:55:02 -0500

I think this is a most important consideration  a piano maker should
address.  A felt cover to protect the strings all the way through to
the tuning pins should be installed in every grand piano.  But this
would not look nice in the showroom.  Back to the $1,400 violin being
left out of its case for more than 30 minutes at a time. What do you
expect on a piano for $14,000 or more?

Rm.
----------
> From: Tom Cole <tcole@cruzio.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: cleaning -Reply
> Date: Sunday, June 22, 1997 3:49 PM
>
> David Graham wrote:
> >
> > I have heard good things about the string covers made by Edwards,
> > (as in LeRoy) but don't have any personal experience with them.
They
> > are supposed to help keep the bass strings from corroding as
well.
> > .-
>

> David,
> Speaking from personal experience, they indeed do as you say and
more.
> It is my pleasure to tune, on 6-month intervals, a Kawai KG-2
fitted
> with string cover since 1-1/2 years old. Cleaning the
soundboard/action