de-stringing

Warren Fisher fish@communique.net
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 19:26:42 -0700

Ted_Sambell@BanffCentre.AB.CA wrote:

>                       RE>de-stringing
> It, (the tool) is simply a punch with a hole about 25mm. deep to slide over the
> tuning pin.

Ted,

You say you make 3 sizes. What diameter hole in the punch accomodates
what size tuning pins?

> This results in
> the tool frequentlyjamming over the coils.Also, they wear rapidly,

I have been using one for years and have to grind the end every time
before I use it and I hate it when it jams.

> We have a small metal lathe , so I make my own becket breakers in a range
> of three sizes. They are made from high speed steel drill rod and  only the
> tips are hardend. This is done with a propane torch, the metal brought to
> red heat and quenched in brine, (salt water) or oil.

I really appreciate this information and have a friend who will make me
a set of these if you would be so kind as to give me the dimensions.

Thanks in advance,

Warren

Home of the Humor List
Warren D. Fisher