Mystery #3

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Fri, 27 Jun 1997 03:04:51 -0500

She used more sustain pedal than you.    What part of the country is
this piano? Or in old grands sometimes the soft pedal lifts the
hammers instead of shifting the action.  This will accentuate tight h
f centers and key bushings.  Usually if these are tight the jacks are
tighter, and the action "skips" (as one client put it) before your
symptom is noticed.

rm