Gunk on Yamaha polish

Zen Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Sun, 29 Jun 1997 11:04:08 -0400

----------
> From: David ilvedson <ilvey@a.crl.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: Cory
> Date: Saturday, June 28, 1997 4:14 AM
>

> What would be the best solvent to clean a high polish Yamaha
> that has had some kind of a polish applied week after week?  I
> has left a gummy residue which I want to remove before using
> Cory's products.
>
> David ilvedson, RPT
> Pacifica, CA

You're in luck.  The High Polish finishing Yamaha uses is a high-quality
polyester, which means is that the finish is virtually impervious to any
number of solvents.  You might want to start with Murphy's Oil Soap and if
that doesn't cut it, try Windex or a non-abrasive kitchen cleaner
(Fantastik or Product 409) on a soft rag.  If all else fails. try to find
out what kind (brand) of polish had been applied and then check the list of
ingredients for any solvents listed.  Whatever solvent listed would
certainly remove the gunk, but you might want to check with Yamaha Customer
Support (800 854 1569) to make sure the polyester finish won't be affected
by it.  Good luck.

Zen Reinhardt RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net