glue collars

FSSturm@aol.com FSSturm@aol.com
Fri, 02 May 1997 17:01:42 -0400 (EDT)

Joel Rappaport said it right - I should just pull the stack. Then those chips
won't get where they oughtn't. Trouble is, I am usually doing this at a
tuning appointment. One or two hammers click, so I pull the action. Fast,
easy job. Plenty of time to fit it into a regular tuning appointment and get
to the next one. No way I'm going to pull the stack just to pull and reglue a
couple hammers. And then it turns out to be those darned enormous, exploding
collars.

I guess my original post was more sounding off a pet peeve than a request for
help, though a couple ideas did show up that I may try next time. Thanks for
all the responses.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
Albuquerque, NM