Seating/false beats

John Peters jpeters9@ix.netcom.com
Fri, 02 May 1997 20:29:05 -0700

Not to reopen this thread....but

I just worked on a Young Chang G-213 today that had a "clicking" sound,
especially throughout the upper register.  After removing the action, I
thought I discovered the problem....loose wippen flanges.  After repinning a
few, I replaced the action only to find the clicking sound still there.
What I next observed was that the strings had traveled up on the bridge pins
considerably.  After reseating them, the click was gone!  If I have more
time, I'll go back and check if bridge pins are loose.

John Peters, RPT
Berkeley, CA
jpeters@netcom.com