earplugs

John Peters jpeters9@ix.netcom.com
Fri, 02 May 1997 20:38:02 -0700

At 09:29 PM 5/1/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Leslie,
>
>I also got the plugs...mine came with 25db filters.  I found them to take out
>too much sound and I will try the 15db filters next.  What db level were your
>filters?  I have them in for driving and that is perfect.  You turn the radio
>up and the road noise goes away and you hear the radio clearly.  It is worth
>it just for that.  Mine cost $89 thru my HMO.  Do you know how much the
>replacement filters may cost?  Tuning with them was a little annoying.  I
>hope the 15db filters work better for that.

I don't want to sound cheap, but what I like to use is a strip of paper
toweling which I wad up and moisten slightly.  I find it blocks out just the
right amount of sound, and is fully adjustable (you quickly find out just
how large a strip to wad up).  These are also completely sanitary..you throw
them out after the job...
John Peters, RPT
Berkeley, CA
jpeters@netcom.com