Victims

JElving@aol.com JElving@aol.com
Fri, 02 May 1997 23:54:40 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 97-05-02 07:34:19 EDT, Rob Stuart-Vail writes:

<< Right on - And though I don't feel that there are litigious people lurking
out
 there waiting to get me, I do feel we must always think ahead as to how our
 presence in the home might look to others. >>

Having been a teacher, I know that there are *kids* that come from good
homes, who do try to falsly accuse. For some of them, it doesn't take much.
Our current legal system really plants it in the minds, what with their ads
on radio, TV, newspapers, and even billboards. To many,it has become a way of
life. (It means extra money in the pocket, as they see it!)

<< When a juvenile answers the doorbell, (even if its the home of a regular
 client) I announce myself and ask "is your Mother home? - she's expecting
me."
  And I wait outside until I get a positive response.  >>

I whole-heartedly agree! That has been my policy since I started in this
business. I teach my own children not to let people in without me or my wife
being there and giving them the OK, and I treat my customers and their
families as if they had the same standards, whether they do or not. HOWEVER,
I have made exceptions for established customers who I know and who know me
and my morals/ethics. But I won't be in the house alone with someone not at
least in high school, and even that sometime makes me feel *paranoid*. Quite
honetly, I have probably had more problems with the mothers than the kids
when it comes to their overt behavior!

John Elving, RPT
Sacramento, CA