Meadowlark SB

Sy Zabrocki only4zab@imt.net
Sun, 04 May 1997 21:51:03 -0600

To List from Sy Zabrocki--Billings, MT=09

It's springtime in Montana! Last week I was traveling on a gravel road =
out to a ranch to tune a piano. While driving along, out in the meadow =
somewhere, a meadowlark let go of a mighty beautiful warble. The =
intricate melody of this bird penetrated right into my vehicle. Yes, the =
windows were up--it wasn't that warm. Consider road noise and motor =
noise and still this sound could be heard inside the vehicle. Wow! It =
caused me to mediatate for a moment.=20

What kind of mechanism so tiny could produce a sound so efficiently. =
Maybe we in the piano world could learn from this bird. Maybe the piano =
industry needs to research the "soundboard" in this tiny creature.=20

Suppose the mighty 10 foot Faziolli grand piano was planted out into =
this same meadow and someone played a powerful chord. It's unlikely the =
sound could be heard inside a moving vehicle. Of course the Faziolli was =
designed by Faziolli, the meadowlark was designed by . . . the Almighty?

Just some Sunday evening thoughts.

Sy Zabrocki