Dampers

EugeniaCar@aol.com EugeniaCar@aol.com
Wed, 07 May 1997 17:24:47 -0400 (EDT)

Horace, Jim, et al,

First, I don't do dampers. Second, when I am forced to do dampers at the
piano (like when one doesn't work properly), if it's the bushing I use a
brass rod the size of a treble mute wire, heat it and burnish the guide rail
felt. Works great. In a pinch, I've even used the treble mute wire. Takes
much longer but will work. I've never pushed the felt thru the guide rail
hole since I started using this method, and I can't recall having to do a
second repair on the same problem damper. Don't even have an umbrella tool
anymore.

(I blatantly stole this from Jim Harvey.)

Gina Carter