center pin reamers, homemade

Wed, 07 May 1997 15:02:33 -0700

Warren, Richard, et al,

Susan and I were working on several projects together around the time she
put that piece in the Jounal.

Her method did not spring full-blown from her fertile imagination.  Many
burned-to-a-crisp tiny pieces of bushing cloth littered the shop whilst the
technique  was developed.

Rather than a dremel tool, I use the slow-speed setting on my cordless
Milwaukee drill (the small kind, like the Panasonic, surprise - it's made
by Panasonic).  The reason is that the mass of the cordless helps me to
provide a more stable platform for the workpiece, and, as an added benefit,
does not spin the burnisher so fast as to burn the felt.

Best.

Horace

>Richard Moody wrote:
>>
>> Oops almost missed it, since it was "buried"
>>         To make a center pin file/reamer,
>
>Richard,
>
>Did you ever chuck a center pin into a dremel tool and ream a bushing
>that way.  I've been playing around with this for about eight years ever
>since Susan Graham wrote it in the Journal for production repinning in
>the shop. There was a training lag there but it's very uniform when you
>get up to speed.(Ha!)  Just curious.
>
>Warren
>
>--
>Home of The Humor List
>Warren D. Fisher
>fish@communique.net
>Registered Piano Technician
>Piano Technicians Guild
>New Orleans Chapter 701

Horace Greeley			hgreeley@leland.stanford.edu

	"The defining statistic of death is that it has a one to one ratio."

		- George Bernard Shaw

LiNCS				voice: 415/725-4627
Stanford University		fax: 415/725-9942