fast repetition

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Wed, 07 May 1997 20:23:45 -0500 (CDT)

>...The "other"
>tech increased letoff on at least two occasions to insure that the jack
>was clearing the hammer butt cushion for proper return of the jack but
>the problem still exists...

Greg,

This isn't the correct way to do let-off for the MX100II.  From the service
manual:
"Adjust capstan so there is no lost motion.  The objective is to have the
hammer supported by both the air damper (which replaces the hammer rest
rail) and, to a smaller degree, the jack."  (There is more.)

Also the key fit should be very free.  There should be free fall when key
is raised by 10mm and released.

>...I would appreciate any insight you might be able to share with me
>before I contact Yamaha and ask for their help.
>
>Thanks in advance!
>                               Greg

Is there not a trained Disklavier tech in the area that can assist you in
understanding the particulars for this instrument?

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731