Ear Candles

Tcoates@aol.com Tcoates@aol.com
Thu, 08 May 1997 09:48:51 -0400 (EDT)

<< From: Tcoates@aol.com
> To: pianotech@byu.edu
> Subject: Re:  Ear Candles
> Date: Monday, May 05, 1997 8:36 PM
>

> At any rate, ear candles are the only device I've found (including
> prescription) that clear my ears enough to allow them to equalize
pressure
> when using a CPAP machine.

OK... I am about to expire from curiosity.  What is a CPAP  machine.
??

Richard The Wonder (ing) Kind>>

Richard,

A CPAP machine is kind of like a turbo charger.  CPAP stands for Continuous
Positive Airways Pressure.  It is one way of treating sleep apnea.  If your
body doesn't get the air it needs when sleeping, the body wakes you up.  The
CPAP makes sure the body has the air you need and allows you to get a decent
night's sleep.

One needs to go through a sleep study and have a prescription to get a CPAP.
 It is pretty serious stuff.  Untreated sleep apnea can lead to heart
attacks.  It is also hereditary.  This is a brief description.

Tim Coates
University of South Dakota