..Another Acro Problem..

Warren Fisher fish@COMMUNIQUE.NET
Thu, 08 May 1997 13:05:30 -0700

Phil Bondi wrote:

> ...ran into one today myself...the music *desk* is held together by 2 screws
> ON TOP of the desk and lord only knows what else.....i unscrewed those 2
> screws and what looked like cheek block screws in the same area that cheek
> block screws would be..couldn't get it to budge..it has some backchecks that
> need attention, and not being able to move the *desk* will cause me to go
> back...serial#757777(1964)...how many different versions of this piano did
> Baldwin make, anyway..??..

Phil,

I found one like that a few years back.  It looks like a secretary desk
when closed up.  Get on the floor and look up at the bottom of the
keybed  between the front leg and the piano case and you'll see 4 #10
screw heads lined up behind the legs.  One of the middle ones will
unscrew easily and  you'll get about a 5 inch long screw out that runs
up into the cheek block. With those out everything down to the keybed
blocks and all come out in one piece.

Good Luck!

Warren
--