Old Steinway action help

Travis Gordy tgordy@fullnet.net
Fri, 09 May 1997 08:50:35 -0500

Good morning list: You know how when you sleep on a problem you
sometimes wake up with an answer you wonder why you didn't think of
before. With the small blade of my pocket knife I unglued the felt from
the back of the jack slot and pushed it forward. I selected a front rail
punching of correct thickness and cut a square to fit the slot, put glue
on both sides, and with small tweezers put it in place. Used the jack to
push the felt firmly against the punching. Worked fine and eliminated
the "wacking " noise. Now I just have 87 more to do plus rep lever
adjustment. Is it possible someone deregulated rep levers to eliminate
the noise?

If some of you have other ways of handling this problem would appreciate
hearing from you.

Travis