SAT question..

Phil Bondi tito@peganet.com
Sat, 10 May 1997 19:29:04 -0400 (EDT)

I've had it now for about 2 months..great device..i still question its
accuracy over the best aural tuning, but that's another topic for discussion..

....question:..

...I use the SAT on ALL my initial Warranty work..the customer is impressed
with the lights and the fact that you, the tech, has the latest(almost)
technology..and it does a good job..the bottom line is the customer is happy
and will use you again AND recommend you...now on to the question..

....I have tuned Baldwin R's, Hamiltons, SD10's using the pre-sets that came
with the machine..I've also tuned Baby Wurlitzers(4'11) and
Chickerings(4'11) using pre-set 22 on my box, which is Yamaha Upright
Setting..!!...of all the pre-sets i have used in my limited experiences with
the SAT, this Pre-set has had the best results...on the *R*, I found myself
stretching just a bit more at octaves 6-7 than what the machine says..the
Hamilton pre-set sounded like crap, and I wound up doing an aural on
that..but this recent discovery has me wondering if my maching needs to be
*tweeked* just a little..??..and should I just pull out the manual and
read-on instead of wasting everyone's time here..??...

...i don't mean to waste people's time, but i am THE example of how you do
something wrong first before you do it right the second time, in most cases..!!