Laptop Tuning and TuneLab 97

Robert Scott rscott@wwnet.com
Mon, 12 May 1997 10:39:37 -0400

Michael wrote:

>With the laptop you would need a sound card with a microphone which are
>not standard equipment on the cheap laptops.

    I have one of those "cheap laptops" and didn't even know I had a
built-in sound card and microphone until I loaded the TuneLab program
on it and saw it work.  It is only a 486, and the sound features
weren't advertized, but it does indeed have them.

    By the way, since several people reported having problems runing
the TuneLab on certain laptops, I eventually found a laptop on which
I could diagnose the problem.  I believe that problem is fixed now
with version 1.2 which I put on my web site as of May 9.  If you would
like the latest version of TuneLab, you can download it from

   http://www.wwnet.com/~rscott

Registered users will automatically get version 1.2 e-mailed to them
in a few days when I have verified that this fix really works on
a wide variety of computers.  Also, if anyone has been using TuneLab
and has developed some good tuning files they would like to share,
I would be happy to get them by e-mail and package them with the
TuneLab.

Bob Scott
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Author of TuneLab 97, a tuning program for Windows 95.