Laptop? (was Re: SAT for JP ?)

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Tue, 13 May 1997 14:01:21 -0500 (CDT)

>...Where I do have significant trouble is when someone makes comments simil=
ar
>to the following;
>
>>And as to the comment, "Remember, pianos are built for aural analysis."
>>I'm not certain that I follow that limited reasoning.  Piano manufacturers
>>surely have reasons for building pianos other than aural analysis.
>
>Aural analysis is not limited reasoning, it is the point...
>
>Horace Greeley                  hgreeley@leland.stanford.edu

Dear Horace, List,

 I don't have any problem with what you so eloquently brought forth.
Really, I was only addressing the statement of why pianos are built, not
what "aural analysis" takes place when I am listening to Life as it
presents itself to me in my daily walk.

I kowtowed long ago to my station in the scheme of things, and that there
are others way beyond any level of technicianship I shall ever achieve, or
even desire to achieve.  I have developed a "I'm satisfied with just a
cottage below, a little silver, a little gold..." type mentality.

I acknowledge the incredible vastness of your selfhood.  It's beyond
anything I will experience.  That's why you are who you are, and why you
are where you are.  I wouldn't fit in your domain.  But on the other hand,
you wouldn't fit in my domain.  That's the beauty of it all...seems like
I've said something similar to you before...ah yes...February 13, 1997:

>...Nevertheless, just one of those beautiful mysteries of life...to each
>his/her own.  Aren't we the lucky >ones!

Sincerely,

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild
Oklahoma Baptist University
Shawnee, Oklahoma, USA

PS - Looks like you and Susan Kline have a struck a symbiotic chord with
that violin thread.  Isn't that great!