Laptop? (was Re: SAT for JP ?)

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Tue, 13 May 1997 15:57:52 -0400 (EDT)

Susan;
  Keith wrote " Looks like you and Susan Kline have a struck a symbiotic
chord with that violin thread."
   Please Susan, please tell me that Keith is wrong with this statement, tell
me that you are not (gulp) a manipulator of violins.  Please tell me that you
are a Cello player, you know the heart of the symphony and the soul of the
score,  Just please don't tell me, and therefore us, that you are one of
"those people".  The arch nemisis of the piano technician in concert
sittings.  One of "those people" who torture us with comments like  "isn't
that a little flat?",  or "isn't that a little sharp?" and then look down
their noses at us when we say, oh so tactfully,
perhaps you have your fingering slightly high or low, because this piano is
at A440... hear the fork ?, see the lights ?, see the readout window ?  You
know one of "those people" !
Jim Bryant (FL)
p.s. ... Does anyone else have trouble with violinists ?