Kimballs and breaking strings

Travis Gordy tgordy@fullnet.net
Tue, 13 May 1997 23:59:06 -0500

I almost never break a string, but when I do it is likely to be a
Kimball. A lot of Kimball spinets in my area, but string breakage not
limited to them alone. Years ago I started breaking strings at G7, as I
recall, in a spinet. Ended up replacing all string from there to the top
with half size smaller wire. Don't recall sizes. Only spinet that gave
that problem and it was no problem after that.

Travis Gordy